I'll be the first to admit that I do not know a lot about fashion! I love clothes, but since I am a stay at home mom, I rarely buy anything new. Well, TwitterMoms has teamed up with Sears Kenmore asking bloggers to share 10 tips for weaving the hottest runway trends into your day-to-day looks. Although it is not my forte, I'm going to give you my tips.
1. Go online and check out the latest fashions either in fashion blogs or in online magazines. You can get a lot of valuable information if you look for it.
2. Start off your new runway look by getting an updated hairdo. A new hairdo can take years off your look and can be just the right place to start.
3. Go to the mall or your favorite department store to get a makeover! You can get free makeovers from many make up counters and when a professional does it, you can get a better idea what works better for you.
4. Shop stores like Kohl's, Marshall's and TJ Maxx! You can get name brand fashions at more affordable prices.
5. Change your accessories. If you check out the latest trends in accessories, you can change your entire look, by adding or taking away something. Accessories are a more reasonably priced way to get started too.
6. Shoes. Don't forget to update your shoes. Shoes do go out of style, and what was fashionable in the 1980's is not necessarily still in fashion!
7. Watch TV. It does sound a little strange, but you can get an idea of what the fashion trends are by checking out what the celebrities are wearing!
8. Love yourself. Realize that every fashion is NOT for every body type. Love yourself enough to alter the current fashion trend to match your body type.
9. Get clothes tailored to fit. It really is the perfect way to make sure your fashion sense stands out! When your clothes fit you the way they are supposed to, you feel better about yourself and about wearing them!
10. Shop in the off season. When you can, buy clothes as the season is ending. You can get some outstanding deals by shopping during this time. When the season is ending, and stores want to reduce inventory, the consumer benefits!!
I hope you have enjoyed reading my tips. They were a challenge for me to wrap my brain around, but if I was trying to give my day to day look a boost, this is the way I would go! Have a wonderful holiday season!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Kenmore blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.