When the CD arrived, I noticed that the songs carried you through a calendar year. Here is the Sentimental Journey Track Listing:
- “Sentimental Journey” (Les Brown, Ben Homer, Arthur Green)
- “The Object Of My Affection” (Pinky Tomlin)
- “I’m Looking Over A Four Leaf Clover “(Mort Dixon, Harry M. Woods)
- “These Foolish Things (Remind Me Of You)” (Eric Maschwitz, Jack Strachey)
- “(I’ll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time” (Albert Von Tilzer, Neville Fleeson)
- “Summer Wind” (Heinz Meier, Johnny Mercer)
- “Many Tears Ago” (Winfield Scott)
- “All I Do Is Dream Of You” (Nacio Herb Brown, Arthur Freed)
- “Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out” (Jimmy Cox)
- “Autumn Leaves” (Joseph Kosma, Jacques Prévert)
- “Things” (Bobby Darin)
- “Pretty Paper” (Willie Nelson)
There are so many beautiful songs on this CD! My daddy loved the song "Pretty Paper" and I really enjoyed Emmy's version. The music takes me back to a mellower time. Another blogger noted that the music on this CD brought pictures to her mind of USO shows during WWII. She was dead on with that. Emmy is so soulful and sings each song with such feeling. The music is really relaxing to me and my mom and grandma thought it was beautiful. Sentimental Journey can reach across generations and bring us together and leave you feeling like all is right with the world.
Emmy will be a guest on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on February 6th. You can follow her on twitter too!
Rossum is also an acclaimed actress who currently stars in the Showtime series Shameless with William H. Macy. She also stars alongside Emma Thompson and Viola Davis in the upcoming feature film Beautiful Creatures, which hits theaters on February 13th.
Disclosure: I participated in this campaign for One2One Network. I received a free copy of the CD to facilitate my review. By posting, I am eligible for incentives. All opinions stated are my own.