Being a preacher's kid, I have a LOT of different Bibles and Biblical study reference books. Sometimes when I am studying the Word, I feel like the books are beyond my understanding. Kat has asked me questions in the past that were difficult for me to fully answer. We received the
Apologetics Study Bible for Students to review and immediately Kat took it over. She asked to write this review so I am leaving the rest up to her.
Multiple research studies have shown that spiritual focus often weakens among teenagers as they head into the attention-dividing realm of young adulthood. Up to 66 percent of them leave church altogether. I could not believe that statistic. It is so sad!
There are a lot of special things about this Bible. The Apologetics Study Bible for Students HCSB features include:
- Book Introductions for each of the sixty-six books of the Bible.
- Study Notes provide evidence of the reliability and truthfulness of Scripture.
- 120 Articles written by today's leading Christian thinkers dealing with life's ultimate questions.
- 60 Twisted Scriptures address ways that various religious movements distort Scripture to support doctrine contrary to historic Christian teaching.
- Two-color design-intensive layout on every page for the visual generation
- 50 “Bones & Dirt” entries (archaeology meets apologetics)
- 50 “Notable Quotes”
- 25 “Tactics” against common anti-Christian arguments
- 20 “Personal Stories” of how God has worked in real lives
- 20 “Top Five” lists to help remember key apologetics topics
I love it! I have learned more about how to respond to the questions and smart comments of non-believers.
This summer, the gift of Confident Faith is being celebrated with 16 brand new, but energetic and brief videos featuring Sean McDowell, free resources like Bible studies and articles as well as wonderful specials on apps and Bibles. AND, if that weren't enough, a Confident Faith Sweepstakes is being offered to give away Bibles, free mini libraries of B&H's best apologetics resources and even a trip for two to the National Conference on Christian Apologetics (NCCA) being held October 16-17, 2015 in Charlotte, NC where some of the world's leading thinkers will offer insights and teaching.
Official Website: www.apologeticsbible.com
Official Website to Purchase: http://www.lifeway.com/Keyword/The+apologetics+study+bible+for+students
Here is one of the videos that really appealed to me:
Mom and I have gone over most of the videos and there is so much to learn from each one. I really recommend this for your teens, and maybe some preteens. The gift of a Confident Faith is very important. Understanding how to explain your beliefs is why this Bible is special to me. I am Confident in my Faith!
Would you like to win a copy for your family? Mom and I are very pleased that we are being allowed to giveaway a copy. Enter on the Rafflecopter form and you could win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.