I'm a cereal lover and my daughter is too. We love eating Apple Cinnamon Cheerios from General Mills and probably go through a box or more each week!! This week General Mills announced a commitment to further reduce sugar in cereals advertised to kids under 12 to single digit grams of sugar per serving. The company has already been reducing sugar in cereals while increasing key nutrients, such as calcium and vitamin D, and providing whole grain.
Here are a few cereal benefits and facts for you...
1. Ready-to-eat cereal is the No. 1 source of whole grains in a child’s diet today.
2. Ready-to-eat cereal eaters consume less fat, less cholesterol and more fiber than non-cereal eaters.
3. More frequent cereal eaters tend to have healthier body weights and lower Body Mass Index measures.
4. Ready-to-eat cereals, including pre-sweetened cereals, account for only 5% of sugar in children’s diets.
5. Cereals also deliver important vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients, making cereal a top source of key nutrients in children’s diets.
This is not something General Mills made up. There have been studies about it!
The 1998 study showed that:
1. Children who eat breakfast tend to perform better at school compared to children who skip breakfast
2. Children who eat breakfast score higher on tests
3. Children who eat breakfast have fewer reported discipline problems, and make fewer trips to the office.
4. Children who eat breakfast are less likely to miss class or be tardy.
For more information about kids and cereals, please visit Cereal Health and Wellness.
Right now if you visit here you will find a $1 off coupon for one of four General Mills cereals. .
Discloser: The information was provided by General Mills through MyBlogSpark. and by sharing this information I will be receiving 4 free cereal box coupons. The opinions expressed are my own and I choose to eat General Mills cereal because I like the taste, and that's the Fact!