With the upcoming school year quickly approaching, it is time to start thinking about ways to ensure they have a healthy, safe and successful school year. Here are 10 tips from me.
1. Schedule a back to school doctors visit. It's a great time to make sure their shots are up to date, or even to get their sports physical!
2. Schedule an appointment to get their eyes checked!
3. Get their hearing tested!
4. Buy school supplies while they are on sale. Every child will need pencils and paper, so get it as cheap as possible! Find a backpack that will help support their back!
5. Start getting back into normal bedtime routines. This will save lots of headaches later!
6. Go over bus routes and proper school bus behavior.
7. Go ahead and make a homework area and set a homework schedule.
8. Update the contact information at your school, and make sure you have back ups in case of emergencies!
9. Talk to your kids about their feelings about school. Fears? Peer Pressure?
10. Enjoy every minute you have with your child before school starts. Let them know that you love them and are proud of them!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Airwear blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, visit http://airwear.twittermoms.com/about.