Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Update: The arteries in my dad's neck are clogged. One is 70% and the other is 90% clogged. They are heading to the cardiologist and surgeon this afternoon!
Tuesday, September 28, 2010
Sponsored by Tomoson.com
When I was given the opportunity to review the pink digital photo keychain, I was very excited! I love taking pictures and this offered me the chance to carry more of them with me. I was so shocked to find out that this photo keychain would store about 72 photos!! Since I am not always the most tech savvy person, I was a little worried about transferring the photos myself, but when my keychain arrived, I found that the instructions were very easy to follow! The package includes the USB cord, so I was able to load my photos immediately! It was very easy to not only load the photos, but thanks to buttons on the rear of the digital photo keychain, it is also easy to change the settings(contrast, etc). One of my favorite elements to this keychain, was the time display, that not only shows the time, but it shows the date too! This digital photo keychain would make a very nice gift. My parents are always wanting to show off pictures of their grand kids, and this is an ideal way to do it! Don't need another keychain...NO PROBLEM...simply clip this to your purse, backpack, or laptop bag!
•1.5 inch 128x128 LCD display;
•4.8 MB internal memory which can store about 72 pictures;
•Auto / manual picture slide show, slide time adjustable.
•Manual switch between picture and time display
•Time display including date, week, hours, minutes and seconds.
•Time manual adjustable or sync with computer via software.
•Picture format: JPEG, BMP, PNG, GIF;
•Picture size automatically cut by software.
•Input / output picture via photo View software which contains in the attached CD
•Built-in rechargeable battery
•Charged / data downloaded via 5 pins USB cable
•1 x Photo Frame with key ring;
•1 x USB cable
This keychain and many others are available at wholesalekeychain.com.
One Shelly's Bits & Pieces reader will win a pink digital photo keychain, just like the one I reviewed.
Main Entry: Visit wholesalekeychain.com and leave a comment letting me know which other product you would love to have! This must be done before you can submit extra entries! Your email address must be in your comment, so I can contact you if you win!
Extra Entry: Each counts as one entry unless otherwise noted!
Follow Shelly's Bits & Pieces on Google Friend Connect
Subscribe via RSS
Comment on any Non Giveaway post (one entry per post commented on)
Follow me on twitter as sleatham1
Blog about this giveaway with a link back here (5 extra entries)
Add my button to your sidebar (3 extra entries)
Link up this giveaway somewhere [(facebook, digg, stumbleupon, linky, etc) good for 1 entry each]
Tweet this giveaway (may be done twice daily for 2 extra entries each)
Rules: Giveaway open to US addresses only. No PO Boxes please. Giveaway ends October 10, 2010 at 11:59pm EST. Winner will be chosen by Randomizer and will be emailed. Winner has 48 hours to respond.
Disclosure: I was given this pink digital photo keychain in exchange for my review from WholesaleKeychain.com in association with Tomoson. I was not required to post a positive review and no money changed hands. All opinions are solely my own!
Random Integer Set Generator
Here are your sets:
Set 1: 12
Timestamp: 2010-10-11 06:51:44 UTC
The winner was comment #12 and has been emailed! Thanks to all who entered!
This Product Was a Free Giveaway
Thursday, September 23, 2010
Surprise Me! Secret Santa Gift Exchange is a gift exchange/swap for bloggers. Each participating blog will be a Secret Santa & also receive a gift from a Secret Santa. There are No Sponsors for this event, it’s just like one big office party. After you receive your gift you can tell everyone all about it on your blog.
$15 gift(s) + shipping = $20.00
Each Secret Santa will spend $15 on their gift. This can be one item or multiple items that total $15. We want everyone to enjoy the swap and their gift so we have added category choices for you to choose from on the sign up. This way it helps the Secret Santa have an idea of what you like and so that everyone enjoys their gifts.
Sign up will be open for 2 weeks and will end on Wednesday October 6th.
If you are interested in participating in the Secret Santa Gift Exchange simply fill out the form and we will add you to the list.
After you sign up snag the button and let your readers know that you are participating & that they can too! After sign up closes we will notify everyone by email to let you know :
Who to ship to
What gift idea they like
When to ship by
Where to ship gift to..
We will email you updates, shipping deadlines and all other information needed after the list is closed.
No one will know who is who’s Secret Santa is so shhh…it’s top secret!
Monday, September 20, 2010
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of PlayStation(R) Move. All opinions are 100% mine.
PlayStation®Move is redefining motion gaming with the most realistic gaming experience you can imagine, and it is only possible on the PlayStation®3 system. The ergonomically designed controller is simple and easy to use and captures a full range of motion which gives you ultimate control over how you play! PlayStation(R)MOVE has something for everyone. The casual gamer and the experienced gamer alike will be thrilled with the diverse group of games offered by PlayStation(R)MOVE.
If I could find a genie, I would ask him for a PlayStation(R)MOVE. I can just see my family becoming more active. We would not only be exercising our minds, but our bodies as well. Family game nights would become more active, and less sedentary. Family squabbles could be settled by a gaming challenge. We could have a battle of the generations when weh wh when my parents join us for family game night with an epic battle of Brunswick Pro Bowling. I could get my body moving when I get some exercise by working out to Get Fit with Mel B . With so many cool games to choose from, we'd never get bored!
Since I have not found a genie, I'll just have to do like everyone else and bring motion gaming exclusively to my existing PlayStation®3 for only $99 with the MOVE bundle package!
I have been a Shutterfly customer for a few years now. When I first started using them, I was solely there to make prints from my digital camera, because they are quality, affordable prints. After that, I went back to really check out what Shutterfly had to offer and I made my very first photobook. I fell in love with that, and I started making bits of everything at Shutterfly.com. You can make personalized mousepads, calendars, tote bags, notebooks, coasters, mugs, stickers, puzzles, magnets, aprons, tee shirts and much, much more from your favorite photographs!
On Father's Day, I made some cards for my husband, dad and grandpa! They were thrilled to have photo cards of my daughter as their Father's Day card. Each of them expressed how happy they were and that they expected that kind of special card from now on! The cards were quick and easy to make, so I'll be going back to Shutterfly to make my Photo Christmas Cards and also some Thank You Cards
to send after Christmas.
Now for the GIVEAWAY...the wonderful people at Shutterfly offered me the opportunity to give away codes good for 10 free 5x7 flat stationery cards!! Three Shelly's Bits & Pieces readers will win! The code will be good until December 31, 2010, and you will have to pay taxes, shipping and handling, but it's still a great deal!
To get one entry in the giveaway, simply leave me a comment stating your favorite item at Shutterfly.
Extra Entries: You'll get one extra entry for each of the following, unless noted!
Subscribe to my feed.
Follow Shelly's Bits & Pieces on Google Friend Connect.
Follow Shutterfly on twitter and leave me your twitter id.
Follow me on twitter @sleatham1 and leave me your twitter id.
Add my button to your sidebar and provide me the link to find it (5 extra entries).
Comment on any blog post (one extra entry per post commented on)
If you have used Shutterfly, tell me about your experience. If you have not, tell me what type of cards you plan to make if you win!
Tweet this giveaway (may be done twice daily, for 2 extra entries each)
Enter to win 10 free 5x7 flat stationery cards at Shelly's Bits & Pieces @sleatham1 http://tinyurl.com/3aa9drm ends 10/3.
Rules: Make sure you leave your email address in your post, so I can contact you if you win! Giveaway ends on October 3, 2010 at 11:59pm EST.
EXTENDED UNTIL 10/10
Disclosure: This is my personal experience with Shutterfly. All opinions are my own! I was not compensated for writing this review, but I will receive a code for free photo cards!
Random Integer Set Generator
Here are your sets:
Set 1: 4, 5, 6
The winners are comments #4, 5, & 6. They have been emailed! Thanks to all who entered!
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
All I can say is WOW! Boost Mobile has come up with this awesome plan called Re-Boost, where you have flexible options for adding funds to your account. You can pay in person at any Re-Boost location, pay by phone, or pay online. If you pay by phone or online, you pay with a debit or credit card. You can set
up worry-free automatic payments, make a one-time payment, and even register your card for future payments. Friends and family can also put money on your account, when paying online, without the worry of linking their credit or debit card to you account.
It is so easy to update your social media accounts, like Twitter and Facebook with your Boost Mobile phone. It's so nice to be able to be in constant connection with friends and family through Facebook, thanks to your Boost Mobile phone. Imagine doing all that without being tied down to a computer, when you are on the go. One of my friends lives a busy life, 3000 miles away from me. She recently had a baby, and I was able to see a picture within minutes of the birth, and her husband was able to update everyone without making a million phone calls. He simply used his Blackberry to post on Facebook.
I was so surprised at how affordable having a Blackberry with Boost Mobile could be. For $60 a month, you get unlimited nationwide calling, unlimited texts, unlimited web use, unlimited multi-media messaging, which includes picture, audio and video, unlimited instant messaging, unlimited e-mail (up to 10 personal email accounts), unlimited 411 directory assistance. Call waiting, call forwarding, voicemail, long distance and the nationwide network are also included. The best thing about Boost Mobile for me...No Contracts!! WooHoo! I hate having to sign up for a two year commitment!
If Boost Mobile or the Re-Boost flexible payment options sounds interesting to you, visit the sponsor!
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Here is the information about what you can win:
250 Die Cut Business Cards for One (1) Winner
2 x 3.5”, 2 x 2” (square card) or 1.75 x 3.5” (slim card)
Die cutting options available: Rounded Corners, Leaf, Rounded One-Corner, Half-Circle Side, Circle
Paper Type: 14pt Cardstock Gloss, Matte, or High Gloss; 13pt Cardstock Uncoated
Color: 4Color Front, Blank Back; 4Color Front, Black Back; 4Color Both Side
There are some awesome business cards to choose from. My personal favorite would be the rounded corners. The cool thing is that you get to upload your preferred design!! Want to win some of your own?
Here's how: Simply leave a comment telling me which style business card you would choose!
(leave your email address in your comment please!)
This rule is mandatory for entry. All extra entries will be discarded if the first rule is not followed.
- Follow my blog publicly on google friend connect
- Subscribe to my feed
- Comment on any post on my blog (one extra entry per post commented on)
- Follow Uprinting on twitter
- Add my button to your sidebar and leave me the link (5 extra entries)
- Follow me on twitter @sleatham1
- Post on the Uprinting facebook page stating Shelly's Bits & Pieces sent you (2 extra entries)
- Tweet this or create your own! Enter to win die cut business cards from @Uprinting at Shelly's Bits & Pieces http://tinyurl.com/29r2ek4 @sleatham1 (May be done twice daily for 2 extra entries each)
Disclosure: I will be receiving 250 Die Cut Business Cards from UPrinting.com for hosting this giveaway. No money exchanged hands! All opinions posted are my own!
After trying the deliciousness that is Oregon Chai, I was offered the opportunity to review a very nice wellness kit from them The package I received contained:
- The Original Chai Tea Latte Mix (284 g)
- Double-walled acrylic reusable iced tea cup
- Hot mug and USB-powered mug warmer
- Mood ring
- Flash Drive with more info on Oregon Chai
The available flavors are:
- The Original
- Vegan Original
- Slightly Sweet Original
- Caffeine-Free Original
- Sugar-Free Original
- Matcha Green Tea
When my wellness kit arrived, I had to try it ICED! This is all new for me, but my hubby is an old pro and joined me in a glass! The only word I can think of to describe my reaction is Bliss! I'm thrilled to be able to offer 2 of my readers some very nice wellness kits to help you enjoy your own Me Time! One reader will receive a 10 oz. sample canister and a 16 oz. double walled acrylic iced tea cup and the other winner will receive a 10 oz. sample canister and a hot tea mug.
How do you win? It's simple! Leave me a comment stating which Oregon Chai flavor you think you would like most, and leave your email address in your comment.
After you have completed this first step, you can get additional entries by doing any (or all) of the following:
- Follow my blog via google friend connect
- Subscribe to my feed
- Follow me on twitter @sleatham1
- Comment on any post (one entry per post commented on)
- Post my button on your blog and leave the link (5 extra entries)
- Follow Oregon Chai on Twitter
- Like Oregon Chai on Facebook.
- Tweet about this giveaway (may be done twice daily for 2 extra entries each) You can create your own tweet or use mine: Enter the Oregon Chai Wellness Kit Giveaway at Shelly's Bits N Pieces @sleatham1 http://tinyurl.com/3acd9uy
Disclosure: The products were given to me at no charge to facilitate a review. No money changed hands and I was NOT required to write a positive review. The opinions are my own! Oregon Chai is responsible for providing and shipping the prizes to the winners.
Research Randomizer Results
1 Set of 2 Unique Numbers Per Set
Range: From 1 to 69 -- Unsorted
The winners are Janet and Kelly....Congrats Ladies...
Janet & kelly have responded and are confirmed. Giveaway is closed! Thank you!
Saturday, September 4, 2010
I have often thought of going back to school to get my teaching degree. There are many reasons for and against it. I have found out about a way to earn a Master of Arts in Teaching degree from USC...online. Yes, you are reading correctly. You CAN earn that degree online! USC is an internationally renowned research institution that has been educating teachers for a 100 years. USC is a School of Education which has not only been ranked #22 in the United States, but also #9 among all private universities by US News and World Report.
When you are earning your Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) degree from USC, you will receive a combination of highly interactive online learning along with field-based experiences in your local area! They even offer an accelerated program where you can complete your degree in as little as 12 months. What could be better than earning your degree from an elite research university with the convenience and flexibility of studying online? I actually have something better to tell you about. How about a groundbreaking tuition reimbursement program designed exclusively for MAT@USC graduates! You can also qualify for scholarships! program information
As a MAT student, you receive full USC student status and benefits! You get to participate in commencement ceremonies and you get a free lifetime Alumni Association membership. Why not take the opportunity to learn from distinguished USC faculty members and become part of the elite USC Trojan Family.
Friday, September 3, 2010
- When your sweet tooth is acting up, grab some fruit. Fresh, frozen and dehydrated fruits are very yummy. I love the dehydrated apples, bananas and peaches because you get such an intensified flavor from them. Eating frozen fruit, like grapes, will also curb the craving for something crunchy.
- Cut back on the sodium content of your foods by trying fresh herbs or Mrs. Dash. You can also buy sea salt which is healthier for you too. Watch out for the hidden sodium in soft drinks and processed foods. You'd flip out if you read every label!
- When you're thirsty, grab water instead of a soft drink. I flavor my water with slices of lemon, lime, or orange for a hint of flavor. Crystal Light drink mixes are sugar free and offer lots of flavors. Brew your own tea and sweeten with a little honey or even with a sugar substitute like Splenda.
- Use your grill to cook meats. We grill year round, because even when it is cold, you can slide on a coat to go check on the meats. For some reason, everything tastes better when it has been cooked on your grill. Corn on the cob is delicious that way, and you can also try cooking fish on your grill too.
- Instead of buying premade food, make it yourself. Many thousands of recipes can be found on the Internet by simply "googling" what you are looking for. I have found hundreds of low fat and calorie meals that are very simple to prepare.
- Use fresh vegetables whenever possible. So many canned veggies have hidden sodium and other preservatives. When you use fresh, not only does it taste better, but you are cutting out all the extra additives you didn't want in the first place.
- Instead of frying your food, try baking it instead. We make homemade french fries in the oven quite often by lightly tossing the potatoes in a little olive oil, sprinkling lightly with sea salt and baking them! Once they are done, you can always place them under the broiler for a minute to crisp them up.
- Do NOT cut off your favorite indulgences. The key to eating the high calorie goodies you crave is to eat them in moderation. If you cut them out all together, you are much more likely to pig out and over do things when you actually give in. Craving a candy bar, grab yourself a miniature version and eat it slowly.
- Don't let the condiments cost you in fat and calorie count. If you season your food, you do not need a lot of added sauces, or condiments. When you do eat them, purchase the low fat or fat free versions, and do not heap it on! Just because they are low fat does not necessarily mean low calorie.
- Give Weight Watchers a try. You can try out recipes in their cookbooks or try out their frozen food. They carry some of the best tasting desserts you can imagine, and their entrees are perfect for a quick lunch at home or at work. They are much lower in fat,calorie and sodium than going out to eat a fast food meal.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and WeightWatchers SmartOnes blogging program, making me eligible to get a $50 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, Click Here.
Thursday, September 2, 2010
Here are my ten tips! I hope they are helpful to someone.
- I use cinnamon sticks and cloves and orange peels simmering in water on my stove as an air freshener. No nasty aerosol spray or chemical. The essence is wonderful and keeps my house smelling fresh, not like a hospital.
- Skip the dangerous chemical drain cleaners. Simply mix a cup of distilled white vinegar with a cup of baking soda and some hot water. Pour this down your drain and then run your hot water for a minute or so. Your drain will unclog. For stubborn clogs, you might have to repeat! I actually do this as a pretreatment once a month to prevent any build up in my drain.
- De-clutter your home. I realize that this is easier said than done. If you de-clutter, you will reduce your cleaning time and also cut out some dust as well. I'll admit, this is very hard for me, but if you don't need something and it is just sitting around collecting dust, it's clutter.
- Recycle! We do not have a recycling program in our community, so I purchased a three compartment laundry sorter at a yard sale and I sort out my glass, plastic and newspaper. There is a recycling center within a few minutes drive of my husband's job, so he drops it off for me once a week. Since they have a cardboard recycling bin at his work, he takes any cardboard boxes we have when he goes in!
- Reuse what you already have. Instead of buying paper towels to clean up my counters, I use old towels. When I have a towel that is getting "old and ratty," I simply cut it into smaller pieces and use for cleaning. I wash them after use, and can use over and over. Since I garden as well, I will use small strips of the towel material to tie up my tomato plants,or any drooping plant to keep it from breaking.
- Freecycle or donate your unwanted clothes and other items. Just because you can't wear something doesn't mean it's trash. I have posted an old washing machine that did not drain on freecycle and someone wanted it. It was picked up within a few hours. Don't have freecycle in your area? Think about donating good, lightly used toys and other items to a battered women's shelter, or homeless shelter.
- Update your old appliances and buy energy efficient ones. I'm not telling you to throw out your appliances and go broke buying new ones, but if your appliances need replacing, spending a few dollars more for the more energy efficient appliances will save you more money in the long run!
- Use curtains and window blinds or shade to keep your home cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. We purchased "black-out" curtains for our bedrooms and living room. In the summer, the temperature in our living room was reduced significantly buy having the curtains closed during the heat of the day. In the wintertime, open your curtains to allow the sun to help you heat your home. Pull them at night to retain your heat!
- Change your light bulbs over to the CFL light bulbs. They last longer and are more energy efficient. You might also get a rebate from your power company. My power company offered us a $30 credit when we sent in our receipt showing the purchase of 10 or more CFL light bulbs.
- Go green with the rest of your household cleaners by either buying green cleaning products, like Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day, or by making your own. You can simply "google" it! I was very surprised all the cleaning supplies I could make. Distilled vinegar has hundreds of uses. Check it out! We have used it as a weed killer! No harmful chemical there!
Have A Blessed Day!!
Disclosure: I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Mrs. Meyer’s blogging program, making me eligible to get a $30 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
When my husband and I were first deciding on the colors we wanted to paint various rooms in the house, we stopped by The Home Depot and checked out the great selection they had of Glidden Paint. There were so many wonderful selections, we literally looked for over an hour. I really enjoyed being able to look at extra large color chips and learn more about the colors that coodinated with the base color. Each color chip shows two coordinating colors on the back. This is a huge help, especially if you are not very color coordinated yourself. I loved the fact that we could get paint testers so we could try out a color before buying an entire gallon too! The paint tester is very cool, because it has its own brush in the lid and it is easy to store.
I was also lucky enough to win some paint testers in the Glidden Paint, Get Color, Give Color Giveaway! I chose 2 different shades of blue and when I used the testers, I realized the perfect color for our kitchen was Cool Cobalt. Since I only used a small portion of the tester paint, I am keeping it to use whenever I need to touch up something. That fact in itself is perfect for families with small children. I have no idea how many times I have had to scrub "pictures" off the wall. With these testers, I can paint over it and save time and elbow grease!
You can learn a lot more about Glidden paint and you can even get some decorating ideas by simply clicking on the Glidden website. HERE Glidden makes it easy to find the perfect color combination for your painting needs. If they can help me, they can help just about anyone!
How does a blog hop work?
Add your blog name and the URL to your post on the MckLinky below. Follow Shelly's Bits & Pieces on Google Follower and I will follow you back!! If you want Shelly's Bits & Pieces to follow you back, you need to make sure and leave a comment saying that you are a new follower and also leave a link to your blog.
To make this system work out the best, please follow MomsReview4you AND three people on the list (including Shelly's Bits & Pieces)and they will all hopefully follow you back. You have the choice to follow as many blogs as you want. The more blogs that you follow the more followers you will receive. Make sure and mention that you are following from MomsReview4You Blog hop. Don't forget to leave a link to your blog in their comment so they know where to follow you back.
I would hope that if someone follows you that you will be kind enough to follow them back as we are all working together to help each other! I will leave this open for one week to help us get as many people working together to get followers.
This is meant to be fun and to be a great way to get to know other bloggers and their blogs! I hope that everyone will be respectful and kind to all bloggers.