Twittermoms has teamed up with Vaseline to get ideas from bloggers on all the ways we use Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is celebrating its 140th Anniversary! Twittermoms is trying to compile a list of 140 things you can do with Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. Here are a few of the ways my family has used Vaseline Petroleum Jelly. Vaseline Petroleum Jelly is a product I have seen and used all my life. My grandmother always made sure she had a jar around the house, and we used it all the time. Some of the uses are normal ones, but other uses may surprise you.
1. Before we were ever allowed to go outside in the cold, my grandma insisted that we have Vaseline Petroleum Jelly smoothed on our cheeks, forehead, nose and chin. The wind and cold can't get through the Vaseline to chap your face!
2. Use Vaseline to help screws slide in place easier. I simply rub some Vaseline on the ridges of the screw, and when I begin to screw it into something, it generally slides in easier.
3. Vaseline is great for curing a squeaky door hinge. Rub some Vaseline over the hinges and the lubrication will cure the problem! It works great on cabinet doors, tool box hinges, and more.
4. Vaseline also can help with sticking locks. We rub a little Vaseline on the key before we put it in the lock. It keeps the lock area lubricated. The actual part of the lock that closes together can be wiped with Vaseline too!
5. Are your shoes looking dull? Put a little Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on a tissue and rub on your shoes. They will shine more than you can imagine. Remember, a little goes a long way...only use a LITTLE!
6. Is your lipstick looking dull? Apply a little Vaseline over your lipstick to shine it up and keep your lips shiny and moisturized...and your lipstick lasts longer!
7. Apply some Vaseline to your dry heels and put on socks before you go to bed at night. The Vaseline softens your feet and helps return your heels to normal.
8. Does your eye make up seem to disappear during the day. To keep my eyes looking pretty, I lightly rub a little Vaseline Petroleum Jelly on my eyelids before I apply my eye make up. My eye shadow adheres to the Vaseline and stays in place.
9. Get a boo boo and can't find any medicine. Simply clean off the wound and rub a bit of Vaseline over it, then cover with a band-aid. The Vaseline will seal off the wound and keep it from getting dirty.
10. Vaseline is a great make up remover. I'm allergic to lots of things, so I use Vaseline to remove my make up. It is wonderful when you need to remove stubborn mascara! Simply put Vaseline on a cotton ball and wipe off the make up. After you finish, wash your face as usual! It is that simple!
Here is my list! I hope some of the ideas are helpful to you! Thanks for reading!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Vaseline blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.