Have you ever thought about the things you'd miss if you lost your mom? That is very hard for me to think about at my age, but when I think about what my daughter would miss about me, things get comical. In honor of the March 11th release of "Mars Needs Moms," SocialMoms brought an entertaining new blogging program that asks you what are the top ten things you think your kids would miss most about you if you were abducted by aliens/Martians? This is one prompt I had to respond to!
- Laundress! Whenever I am sick or injured, the laundry backs up. Nothing gets cleaned, folded or put away. My family just seems to ignore the dirty clothes on the floor and step over the piles!
- Chef! Since I'm a stay at home mom, I do almost all the cooking. Although hubby is a chef, he tends to relax when he is at home. When my daughter and her friends want food...they come to mom.
- Snuggling! Our evening is not complete until Mommy becomes the Snuggle Bear. Even though Future FBI is almost a teenager, she has to come and snuggle with me for at least 30 minutes before bed.
- Homework help. My daughter is in advanced classes at school and Daddy is no help. I step in and try to help her figure out how to do things. We actually have worked so well together, she is well ahead of her algebra class....Let's just skip Geometry!
- Photographer. Future FBI is a camera hog and loves to have her picture taken. Since my camera goes everywhere I go, I'd be missed!
- My laugh. OK, I have a snort laugh when I get tickled and my daughter loves it. She says that nobody laughs like Mom.
- My company. My daughter and I are actually pals. We go to movies together, watch certain TV shows together and are in our own book club.
- My smile. I have to admit that even when I'm sick, I smile. My daughter always says that my smile in the morning always makes her day.
- Boo Boo cure. I have certain tried and true cures for various illnesses and injuries. My daughter would miss me kissing her boo boos and using my magic wash cloth!
- Our Talks. She and I sit down and talk everyday. We have a great relationship and we talk and joke about most everything.
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Post a Comment