Social Moms is at it again! This time, they have paired up Cottonelle up to introduce a fun, new blogging program that asks bloggers to share little switches that make a difference. There are so very many things that immediately shot to mind. Our life is all about making choices. The opportunity for change is everywhere. It's up to each person to decide where the changes should be made.
1. My family generally watches television every night, so I decided to turn off the television every night until about eight. We enjoy playing games together, having some quiet reading time, and since it is nice outside, we have been going on walks and playing basketball. It is amazing how much our communication has increased!
2. My daughter was eating school lunches everyday, and she would come home and complain about the food, and would be starving. I started making her lunch. I would make a sandwich and include her favorite fruits and vegetables to eat. She now comes home and talks grabs a healthy snack, because she is NOT starving! She is actually eating at lunch!
3. My hubby generally sits on the couch and I sit on the love seat. There is no real reason for it. We just are used to sitting in those spaces. I decided to sit beside my hubby on the couch, and it was so nice. We actually snuggled together there and watched television together. It just seems so much more intimate sitting right beside my hubby instead of across from him.
4. Morning used to be insane around my house. We'd run around trying to figure out what to wear, and trying to find backpacks, purses, keys, and jackets. Since we have limited time in the morning, we started getting our clothes together the night before. We pick out our entire outfit, shoes and all. The clothes are placed on our dressers so we can grab and go in the morning. The backpacks, jackets, purses and keys are all placed in the correct places the night before, so we can find them when we are ready to go!
5. Grabbing a plastic bottle of water is such an easy way to go. My family of three was going through at least 2 cases of bottled water each week. That is not good for the environment, and even worse on our wallets. I put a water filter on my kitchen faucet and bought some reusable water bottles. I put the filtered water in a pitcher and place it in my refrigerator. When I want water, I fill up my personal bottle and go! I'm saving money and the Earth!
What kinds of things could you change? Little switches CAN make a huge difference in your life!
Give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised!
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Cottonelle blogging program, for a gift card worth $25. For more information on how you can participate, click here.
Post a Comment