- The Beach...DUH! Virginia Beach has one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. There is a lot of shoreline to enjoy. Build some sandcastles with the kids, splash around in the water, or just sit on the sand and enjoy the beautiful ocean view... You can't go wrong with these choices!
- Fishing! You can enjoy fishing in the surf, off a pier or even go on a chartered deep sea fishing boat! One of my first memories of Virginia Beach was my father teaching me how to fish in the surf! It's not as easy as it looks, but it sure is fun learning!
- The Aquarium!! It is open everyday from 9-5 and you can enjoy learning about the sea life that is native to Virginia. Check out the sea turtles, loads of fish, sharks, and even get hands on with the sting-rays and horseshoe crabs. There are also more extensive passes available for a more behind the scenes look!
- Visit the Military Aviation Museum! If you enjoy history or airplanes, this is the place for you! You can see some fully restored planes from World War II and the Korean War, and take a tour of the museum and the hangar! The other thing that is cool about these airplanes is that they are often used in Air Shows.
- Miniature Golf! When my family has tired of the beach, we love to challenge each other to a game of miniature golf. There are lots of different courses to choose from in Virginia Beach.
- Ocean Breeze Water Park! Nothing seems to wind my family up like a day at the water park! You can enjoy wave pools, water slides, rides, and much more! This place can be enjoyed by the young and the young at heart!
- Motor World! My husband and daughter gave me a peaceful day to relax when they went to Motor World. They played miniature golf, rode go-carts and even played paint ball! This place is fun for the whole family, but it is the ideal place to send Daddy off for some time with the kids!
- Food! You can get some of the most delicious food in Virginia Beach! You have got to try the Chesapeake Bay Crab Cakes! YUM!! You should also try out theChocolate Fondue at The Royal Chocolate....one word...DELICIOUS!!
- Learn to surf! My daughter has begged me to go to surf camp when we have visited Virginia Beach. I've put her off for a while now, but this might be the year. WRV Surf Camp offers surfing lessons to kids as young as 6!! They have lots of experience and all the needed certifications, so why not?
- Accommodations! There are literally hundreds of different places to stay at Virginia Beach. You can check out the campgrounds, stay at a hotel or motel, rent a beach house or condo, or even stay at beautiful resort. The prices vary, so they can fit almost any budget!
I'm ready for a trip today! How about you?
Thanks for stopping by.....
Until next time,
I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Virginia Beach Tourism blogging program, for a gift card worth $40. For more information on how you can participate, click here.