OK, I have to admit, I looked all around our house to figure out what to post about. I was just about to give up when I realized what I needed to post about! We have a fireplace in the office/TV room and it serves no purpose! When we bought the house, we were told NOT to use real wood or even gas logs in there because the chimney and the floor of the fireplace is NOT made for use. It is made for looks. HUH? Does that make sense to anyone? Why in the world would you place a useless fireplace in a home?
I love the mantle place that is above this fireplace, it is beautiful, and I use it! The rock wall that surrounds the fireplace and the stoop below is decorative, and I like looking at it, but it holds no use either. HOWEVER...my hubby and I are about to change all that. We found an electric heater to slide inside our fireplace. Within a few weeks, we will have heat coming from that blasted fireplace! WOOHOO!
What item is useless in your house?