Sunday, April 15, 2012
Shaklee: Go Green Under Your Sink Review & Giveaway
When it comes to cleaning, I have always given my hubby any jobs that needed chemicals. He basically did all the bathroom and kitchen cleaning and I did the dusting, laundry and vacuuming. The reason he has the other jobs is that I cannot handle all the chemicals. My daughter and I have asthma and whenever I am around certain cleaning products, I have issues breathing. I had been on a search for cleaning products that were not only did a good job cleaning, but were also safe for the environment and for my family.
I felt like I hit the jackpot when I discovered Shaklee products. Shaklee products have been reviewed and endorsed for their safety by Healthy Child Healthy World. Shaklee believes that health isn't just about what you put in your body; it's about everything around you. They bring you a full line of natural and nontoxic cleaning choices that are Safe for You, Your Home, and Your Planet®called Get Clean®.
Here are some facts about Get Clean:
· No harmful fumes or hazardous chemicals.
· Outperforms 20 national leading brands.
· You would spend $3400 for ready to use cleaners to get the same amount of clean found in the Get Clean Starter Kit!*
· Features Basic H2® Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate - just 1/4 tsp. makes 16oz. of all-purpose cleaner for only 3 cents.
· And when you purchase the Get Clean Starter Kit you also make a positive impact on the planet:
· Keep 108 pounds of packaging waste from landfills.
· Eliminate 248 pounds of greenhouse gas.
* Based on comparing number of uses as set forth on product labels of conventional, ready-to-use cleaners.
I received a Shaklee's Get Clean Kit to review and I fell in love with it. All the products are wonderful, and I really love the fact that the kit had everything I needed in a concentrated form. This saved on the packaging and eliminated waste! Talk about being green! I was able to use all these products myself without any breathing issues. I loved my dish soap and detergent too!
Using the Shaklee products made me wonder...why would you ever use any product that could contain any of these chemicals: kerosene, phenols, cresol, lye, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, sulfuric acid, petroleum distillates, ammonia, sodium hydroxide, butyl cellosolve, phosphoric acid, formaldehyde, chlorine bleach, morpholine, or phthalates? I think I'll stick with Shaklee and breathe easier!
Look under your kitchen sink to see if you find any of these ingredients in your products: kerosene, phenols, cresol, lye, hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid, sulfuric acid, petroleum distillates, ammonia, sodium hydroxide, butyl cellosolve, phosphoric acid, formaldehyde, chlorine bleach, morpholine, and phthalates.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This review and giveaway was made possible by the Shaklee Corporation & Mom Spark Media. Incentives, product and support were provided. Thoughts are my own.