- Look for deals: Stay abreast of your favorite stores’ sale schedules so you can plan to shop when you’ll save the most. Be on the mailing list for your favorite retailers so you’re notified when they have sales and look online at sites like Coupon Cravings for current promotions that the store may not be advertising. Check to see if you live near an outlet mall where you can purchase basics like sweaters, t-shirts, and underwear that don’t go out of style and at a much lower price than retail.
- Shop wisely: If there is a buy one get one free or 50% off sale, see if a friend wants to shop with you for the same thing instead of buying more than you need just to qualify for the sale. If you are shopping when there is no sale, search the clearance section first. Marie Claire suggests befriending sales associates at your favorite stores and asking politely for a discount. You may be surprised at how much you can save just by being nice.
- Look for value: More expensive clothing can be worth it if you’ll wear it often. Cheaply made clothing will typically wear and fall apart more quickly than higher end brands, meaning you’ll have to replace it sooner. For things you wear all the time, this ends up being more expensive in the long run than buying good quality items that will last, even if they cost more upfront.
- Jeans, winter coats, work shoes, jackets, and suits are among the items CNN considers wardrobe investments; you should look for true, lasting quality and a classic style that won’t go out of fashion soon.
- Buy cheap on raincoats, trends, and formal eveningwear. You will not likely wear these often enough to warrant significant spending.
- Compare brands: According to ABC, high end products are often not that much better than low end products.
- They found product testers preferred a $95 Neiman Marcus shirt over a $7 Hanes shirt, but when told the price most said it was not worth it. The Hanes shirt wears quicker, but not enough to spend the extra $88.
- After testing, Wal-Mart and Target running shoes were more worn than Nike and Adidas shoes, however, not by enough to justify spending more on the brand name. High cost does not always mean high quality. Thoroughly examine the item, ask salespeople about its sturdiness, and read online reviews before purchasing. Compare quality to price to get the best value.
Thursday, June 28, 2012
From creative genius Tim Burton (“Alice in Wonderland,” The Nightmare Before Christmas”) comes “Frankenweenie,” a heartwarming tale about a boy and his dog. After unexpectedly losing his beloved dog Sparky, young Victor harnesses the power of science to bring his best friend back to life—with just a few minor adjustments. He tries to hide his home-sewn creation, but when Sparky gets out, Victor’s fellow students, teachers and the entire town all learn that getting a new “leash on life” can be monstrous.
Disclosure: The above information was provided to me by Disney. I am excited about the movie and wanted to share it with you! No monetary compensation was received!!
Saturday, June 23, 2012
When my hubby and I moved into my parents old house, we knew that one of the main things we needed to do was to take care of the deck. My parents had lived in their house for 5 years and due to health reasons, they never had their deck sealed. My husband will be the one taking care of staining and sealing the deck, for one simple reason, my meds cause me to be allergic to the sun. This has come a priority to do, because we currently have two boards that will need to replace ASAP. We will then need to make sure our deck is stained and sealed right the first time, because we might end up selling the house.
Flood® Wood Care provides not only wood finish remover and wood cleaner, but also exterior wood stains that have a longstanding reputation for providing protection to customers. Flood® is known as the “The Wood Care Specialist” because they have been in business since 1841 and their customers turn to them over and over again due to their reliability. We plan to give them a try when we work on our outdoor projects! We need to stain and seal our deck, our ramp, and our picnic table! If you are interested in checking them out, Flood® Wood Care products are available at Home Depot, Walmart, and select retailers.
Right now, you can enter the Take it Easy Sweepstakes from Flood® Wood Care. Flood® Wood Care is going to provide one winner with all the supplies and even the labor to prepare and stain your deck. Also, they are giving the winner $2,000 to host the most amazing deck party of your life! This prize would be so awesome to win! This package should say it they include everything, and you provide the friends!
The contest is very easy to enter! All you have to do is fill out the entry form and you’re done. Entering is as simple as that! Why not go enter today? Remember, you cannot win if you don't enter!
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Fruition comes in 7 flavors:
- Chocolate Orange
My family tried all the bars and I have to admit I preferred the Blueberry and Strawberry most of all and Chocolate Orange the least! My hubby loved them all and my teenage daughter just thought they were OK. They were perfect for me to throw in my purse when I was going out, and hubby liked being able to grab one for a quick breakfast while driving to work!
Want to buy some PROBARs? Simply click HERE and shop around! If you enter code “BLOGGER” at checkout you’ll get 40% off your first order!
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
|Ally and her favorite teacher, Mr. Smith!|