Are you prepared for mosquito season this year?
Summer is almost here! That means picnics, baseball games, barbecues and all the fun of enjoying the great outdoors with your family. There’s one thing no one likes about being outdoors, though: mosquitoes! They not only are a nuisance, but they also pose potentially serious health risks. Fortunately, the experts at Orkin study the science of mosquitoes and other pests closely in order to better tailor plans that help keep them out of your home this summer.
To help you better prepare yourself and your family to fight the bite, Orkin presents the “Buzzer Beater” app, which features its deep scientific knowledge of mosquitoes.
• Are you prepared for mosquito season this year? Take the quiz to see if you’re ready to earn your badge in Mosquito Season Prep.
• Watch the “How to Deal With Mosquitoes” & “Do Mosquitoes Prefer Adults over Children” videos, as well as the rest of Orkin’s How-To video series, to get the most up-to-date knowledge on dealing with pesky home invaders.
• Download Orkin’s yearly “Mosquito Cities” list and find out if your city made it!
The wonderful people from Orkin are going to give one lucky Shelly's Bits and Pieces reader a Summer Scientist Kit!
The Orkin Summer Scientist Bug Catching Kits are fun for the whole family! Each pack includes:
- 2 Bug Catcher Craft Kits: These awesome DIY bug catcher kits will let your family’s personality shine through while also learning about nature and the world around us. The kits include a variety of foam ladybugs, dragonflies and more!
- 2 Bug Nets: Explore the great outdoors with these fun mesh insect nets. They can be used to collect and study butterflies, ladybugs, caterpillars and many other backyard creatures.
- 2 See-Through Bug Jars: Reveal the wonders of your backyard with these clear bug jars. Each transparent plastic box has a magnifying lid for better insect viewing. Young explorers love discovering worms, butterflies, ants and insects. These containers allow them to make homes for their new discoveries.
- 2 Magic Color Scratch Little Garden Critters: Scratch faces, designs and more on these Magic Color Scratch Little Garden Critters! A perfect kids' activity for critter lovers, simply scratch away the black coating to reveal vibrant rainbow colors. Includes butterflies, frogs, turtles and more.
- Glow-in-the-Dark Creepy Crawlers: Turn off the lights and let them glow! These vinyl glow-in-the-dark bugs are lots of fun for all ages.
To enter this giveaway, simply enter on the Rafflecopter form below!a Rafflecopter giveaway
Mosquito are repelled most by yellow lights. I thought that was just an old wives tale.
Now hopefully i won't get bugged so much
Mosquitos prefer adults to kids, I had no idea!
I learned that yellow light attract less adult mosquitoes!
I learned that even if I do everything it says they will still bite me.. I am a human mosquito magnet, always have been.. even as a child I got bit.
I saw the contest on your Facebook
I learned that adults have more CO2 than children, which mosquitoes love.
Found out about giveaway through your newsletter email that I subscribe to.
I learned that they have a magnifying lid for better insect viewing.
Mosquitoes prefer adults - who knew!
I didn't realize you had to keep applying bug spray.
moisture heat and smells attract the mosquitos
Mosquitos prefer adults
Mosquito are repelled most by yellow lights.
Found out about giveaway through this site http://www.tightwadinutah.com/p/low-entry-giveaways-ending-within-week.html
mosquitos would rather bite adults than kids because we let off more c02 which is what attracts them!
I learned that mosquitos love adults more than children due to the amount of C02.
Post a Comment